- Awesome Library
- A collection of links to lesson plans and lesson plan databases.
- Core Knowledge Lesson Plans
- Unit plans developed by teachers in Core Knowledge schools and presented at Core Knowledge National Conferences.
- Lesson plans written by teachers for teachers. Browse by subject, grade, or both.
- "EDSITEment is a partnership among the National Endowment for the Humanities, Verizon Foundation, and the National Trust for the Humanities and is a proud member of the Thinkfinity Consortium of premier educational websites. EDSITEment offers a treasure trove for teachers, students, and parents searching for high-quality material on the Internet in the subject areas of literature and language arts, foreign languages, art and culture, and history and social studies." (Description taken from the website.)
- Education World
- Excellent directory of resources for K-12 teachers and administrators. Includes curriculum materials, educational policy, lesson ideas, articles written by education experts, employment listings, monthly site review, information on how to make the best use of technology in the classroom, and access to USA Today updates of worldwide education news.
- HOTCHALK Lesson Plans: Lesson Plans by Teachers for Teachers
- Over 4,000 free lesson plans organized by subject and grade.
- Lesson plans and other resources for the K-12 teacher aligned to Wisconsin Model Academic Standards and to the Common Core Standards. If you are a UWO student, faculty or staff member, you will need to sign up for an individual account at https://myqei.org/join.php. There is no charge for signing up for an individual account.
- Learn NC
- An outstanding resource for lesson plans. Produced by the University of North Carolina, it encompasses every subject area in the K-12 curriculum.
- Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility: TeachableMoment Classroom Lessons
- "Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility educates young people for hopeful and intelligent engagement with their world. A national leader in the field of social and emotional learning (SEL), Morningside Center has developed a range of research-based programs that improve students' social and emotional intelligence—and their academic performance." (quote taken from the website)
- New York Times: The Learning Network
- "The Learning Network provides teaching and learning materials and ideas based on New York Times content. Teachers can use or adapt our lessons across subject areas and levels." (From the Times website.)
- PBS Learning Media
- "PBS LearningMedia™ is the go-to destination for instant access to tens of thousands of classroom-ready, digital resources including videos, games, audio clips, photos, lesson plans, and more! You can search, save, and share with ease. Best of all, PBS LearningMedia is free for educators." (from the PBS website)
- Smithsonian Education
- Search over 2,000 resources. Interesting features include reviews of the lesson plans and the capability of searching for lesson plans by state standards. Produced by the Smithsonian Institution.
- Teacher Planet
- Links to websites which offer lesson plans. Extensive and well-organized.
- Teaching Tolerance: A Project of the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Free educational materials that promote respect for differences and appreciation of diversity in the classroom and beyond.
- Yale-New Heaven Teachers Institute Curricular Resources
- Very detailed curriculum units prepared by participants in the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute. Hundreds of units on a variety of topics.
Revised May 2014
Checked links: May 2015
Questions, comments, suggestions? Contact Stephen Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org