Online Education Resources
The library subscribes to over 90 research databases, making it possible for students to search for in-depth information found in journal articles. Many of these databases are frequently used by COEHS faculty, staff and students who are researching education-related topics. Here is an annotated list of some of the databases:
- ERIC: Contains citation and abstract information from over 750 educational journals and related documents from the Educational Resource Information Center.
Coverage: 1967 - present
- Education Research Complete: Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
Coverage: Indexing (1881 - present), Full Text (1936 - present)
- Professional Development Collection: Collection of more than 550 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles
- MAS Ultra: School Edition: This comprehensive database, designed specifically for high school libraries, contains full text for more than 500 popular, high school magazines.
- Middle Search Plus: Provides abstracts and indexing for over 169 magazines, and searchable full text for 52 of the most frequently used magazines in middle school libraries, including 115 pamphlets. Total coverage includes nearly 400,000 articles.
- Primary Search: Provides the full text of 35 magazines for young readers and abstracts and indexing for 116 magazines. Primary Search includes Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, the World Almanac for Kids and the World Almanac of the USA .
Coverage: Indexing (1984 - present), Full Text (1989 - present)