Full Text databases, electronic journal collections and electronic books
- 15,817 periodical titles available for full-text article access (some partial)
- 12,812 electronic books
Online Library Catalog
- Universal Borrowing allows users to search over 13 million items in the UW System, request them instantly, and then the item is delivered to Polk Library for pick-up.
- "My Account" section allows access to online holds, recalls, renewals.
Traditional Print Collections
- 448,751 books
- 96,046 bound periodical volumes
- 1,183 current periodical subscriptions (paper)
- 133,282 volumes government documents
- 1.4 million microforms
- 12,812 multimedia titles
- 34,000 maps
- 2,400 linear feet of archival material
- During a typical week, 12,000 people enter Polk Library, which is open 101 hours.
- Over 120,000 books and other materials circulate each year.
- Interlibrary Loan service.
- In-person and chat reference service available.
- Library Instruction to approximately 300 classes per year – including hands-on instruction.
- Polk Library News keeps the campus informed and up-to-date regarding changes in library services and resources, activities of library staff and major trends impacting academic libraries in Wisconsin and around the world.