LGBTQ Topics and Resources
- Guide to Coming Out for African Americans
- Guide to Coming Out (PDF)
- Coming Out as Transgendered (PDF)
- Safe at School: Addressing the Environment and LGBT Safety though Policy and Legislation
- Teaching Transgender
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
- Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
- Prevention Issues for Gay Men
- Gay Men & Body Image
- AIDS Center of Wisconsin
- The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin is among the largest and most comprehensive AIDS service agencies in the country. We provide comprehensive health care services and a vast array of social services to more than 2,600 Wisconsin residents living with HIV disease.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
- Strong Families
- Strong Families is a resource for LGBT people who are choosing a health care plan. They have information about where you should start to look and what question you should ask when choosing a health care plan.
- Where to Start, What to ask (PDF)
- Guide on how to choose a health care plan for LGBT people.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Lesbian Herstory Archives
- Lesbian Health & Research Center
- Government Website on Lesbian Health
Parents and Family
Queer People of Color
- The Audre Lorde Project
- National Association of Black and White Men Together
- National Minority AIDS Council
- United Lesbians of African Heritage
- National Black Justice Coalition
- Gay & Lesbian Arab Society
- Ahbab, The Queer Arabs Site
- Gay and Lesbian Armenians
- Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center
- Asian Equality
- Gay Men of African Descent
- Sisters in the Life
- Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
- Native Out
- National Latina/o Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Human Rights Organization
- HONOR PAC, Empowering Latina/o LGBT Communities
Religious and Spiritual
- Memorial Presbyterian -- Appleton, WI
- First United Methodist Church -- Appleton, WI
- Fox Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship -- Appleton, WI
- Pilgrim United Church of Christ -- Fond Du Lac, WI
- SS Cyril and Methodius Ministry -- Neenah, WI
- Emmaus Ecumenical Catholic Community -- Oshkosh, WI
- St. Andrew's Lutheran Church -- Oshkosh, WI
- First Presbyterian -- Oshkosh, WI
- First Congregational Church -- Oshkosh, WI
Teens and Young Adults
- Students of Oshkosh Finding Acceptance (SOFA)
- SOFA is a youth driven organization for the Oshkosh area LGBTQ high school and middle school youth and their allies (14-18years old).
- Harmony Cafe
- The Trevor Project
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization that provides crisis prevention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ youth.
- GLBT National Help Center
- Provides free and confidential telephone, or internet, peer counseling, information and local resources to LGBTQ individuals throughout the United States.
- 2011 Guide To Successful Transgender Employment
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Teaching Transgender
- General Transgender Health Brochure
- Male to Female Transgender Health Brochure
- Female to Male Transgender Health Brochure
- Counseling Center
- Anyone interested in attending the LGBTQ Talk Group should either email or call the Counseling Center to request further information. Requests should be directed to Kim Charniak at the Counseling Center at (920) 424-2061 or to email@example.com.
- Student Health Center
- University Police
- Campus Victim Advocate
- The campus victim advocate is available to help you deal with the impact relationship violence can have on you. If you have experienced sexual assault, sexual harassment, domestic or dating violence or stalking (repeated, unwanted attention from someone), you can get support from them.