Job & Networking Opportunities
- Oshkosh Northwestern and Fond du Lac Reporter. Both the Oshkosh Northwestern and Fond du Lac Reporters are hiring a part-time sports clerk. Night and weekends will be required for this 10-hour per week position. Responsibilities include receiving phone calls, emails and faxes to put together high school, college and community sports roundups and other various tasks as needed. Knowledge of the local sports scene is helpful and previous writing skills are essential. To apply or more information, go to https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=Gannett&site=N1ZqcFRqZlQ2S009
- FOX CITIES Magazine, Fall 2015 —Write blogs, pullout stories and feature articles, and contribute to calendar and other data entry work. Internship still open as of July 20, 2015.
- Raw Story, Ongoing. — Seeking journalism fellows and interns who have a sincere passion for news, politics, civil rights and government accountability. Successful applicants should be quick learners, organized and able to work efficiently under fast-paced editorial deadlines. Work closely with editorial staff copy-editing, researching and writing. For information, go to http://www.rawstory.com/rs/jobs/
- iSportsweb.com — Ongoing. Cover a sports beat for a team you are interested in and generate multiples stories per week about the team. Stories can and should be opinionated. For information, go to http://isportsweb.com/internship-program/
- UW Oshkosh Today — Ongoing. UW Oshkosh Today is offering student writers the opportunity to boost their portfolios with bylined news and features articles published on the University's official news site.
Marketing, Promotions and Event Planning:
- National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Chicago/Midwest Chapter — Assist director with public relations, marketing, fundraising, writing, scheduling and action planning for NATAS activities, work on development of website, and more. Ongoing internship.
Graphic Design and Photography:
Multimedia, Social Media and Web:
- UW Oshkosh Counseling Center — Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. Web Design and Social Media intern sought to develop and update multiple web sites for the Counseling Center. The opportunity to develop and manage social media will also be included in this internship. Apply by July 31 for Fall, Dec. 31 for Spring.
- UW Oshkosh Counseling Center — Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. Research relevant tips on wellness and health, maintain social media accounts, prepare presentation materials, and more as the Center for Balance intern. Apply by July 31 for Fall, Dec. 31 for Spring.
- UW Oshkosh Counseling Center — Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. Outreach Case Management Intern sought to assist with research, help update social media accounts, public speaking, etc. Apply by July 31 for Fall, Dec. 31 for Spring.
- Disney College Program. Participate in the Disney College Program and get your foot in the door to potentially become a Disney Professional Intern.
Internships in other areas:
- Madison Area
-Internships in the Madison Area can be obtained by visiting our sister site at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Minneapolis Area
-Internships in the Minneapolis Area can be obtained by visiting our sister state's site at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
- Internships in Wisconsin
- Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Internships
- Internship Opportunities in California
- Newspaper Internship Directory (Updated annually)
National Internships & Fellowships
- Dow Jones Newspaper Fund Internship
- Poynter Fellowships
- American Society of Magazine Editors internship program
- Association for Women in Sports Media
- Boston University International Programs
- Boston Globe summer intern program
- Journalism Jobs
- Editor and Publisher magazine
- UC Berkeley Job list
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Pulliam Journalism Fellowship