- PR Pro Day — Hosted by PRSA Southeast Wisconsin. Half-day event on Friday, April 11 is just for students. Held at the Milwaukee Hilton from 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. $10 fee for PRSSA members; $20 for general PR students
- It's All About Networking: Linked In —
- The Paine Art Center and Gardens is hiring a membership and development manager. Click to learn more.
- Candeo Creative, Oshkosh, is currently hiring a web services specialist, communications specialist, multimedia specialist and business development manager, as well as a graphic design intern. Go to http://www.candeocreative.com/team.html to learn more.
- Trefoil Group, Milwaukee is currently hiring an account manager. Go to http://trefoilgroup.com/careers/job-opportunities.html to learn more.
Study Abroad Programs
- Istanbul Project — Become an international reporter covering Istanbul while earning 3 college credits from June 19-July 17. Take a look at the students' work on last year's Istanbul Project website, or visit ieimedia.com for more information.
- MorningMoss.com, Oshkosh — Write stories about hunting, fishing and the outdoors, curate photo galleries and design and implement social media marketing campaigns. This internship would qualify for the Department's Professional Journalism Internship class.
- isportsweb.com, Summer 2014 — Sports correspondents sought to cover a sports beat for a team they have an interest in. As that team’s correspondent, interns are expected to generate multiple stories per week about that team. These stories can and should be opinionated, and we give our writers freedom to pick topics they find relevant to their particular team.
- Pulche Media, Inc. — Students who have a good knowledge of rock music are encouraged to apply for a contributing writer position for the online music medium. Writers will be periodically assigned to write album reviews, feature interviews with well-known artists, Op-ed pieces, and more.
- FOX CITIES Magazine — Summer or Fall 2014. Assist editor with research, update calendars and guides, organize copy and manage small office projects, set up and conduct interviews with sources, write the Fox Cities at Work, Drink of the Month and Artist Spotlight columns, and more. Summer position is still open as of Feb. 4, 2014.
- Gannett Wisconsin Media, Summer 2014 —Cover news and features and report information through a variety of multimedia platforms including social media, news websites and print. Paid internships available in Green Bay, Appleton, Oshkosh, Wausau, Marshfield, Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point, Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Fond du Lac.
- Greatnorthernoutdoors.net — Ongoing. Web magazine looking for student journalists with a passion for the outdoors to write about hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities. Seeking regular written, photographic and video submissions.
- UW Oshkosh Today — Ongoing. UW Oshkosh Today is offering student writers the opportunity to boost their portfolios with bylined news and features articles published on the University's official news site.
Marketing, Promotions and Event Planning:
- EAA, Summer 2014. Assist marketing department in AirVenture marketing projects, write copy and edit a wide range of materials, work collaboratively with digital media and other departments to fulfill tactical requirements of project plans, and more,
- EAA, Summer 2014. Coordinate volunteers, event planning and logistics for all aspects of exhibitor and corporate sponsors/partners, data management, and more.
- EAA, Spring 2014 — Research media markets for advertising purchases,provide outreach to media to secure publicity for upcoming events, write copy and edit a wide range of materials, and more. Apply at http://eaa.org/careers/mkt_intern.asp
- Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership, Inc. — Spring, Summer of Fall semesters — Assist in the execution of outreach efforts to professional staff and employers related to the Downtown Fond du Lac Partnership, assist with developing marketing strategies for promoting businesses and events including a promotional brochure, assist with branding and logo, and more.
- Eat Street Oshkosh has internship openings for a brand ambassador, brand manager and account manager. Go to https://eatstreet.com/jobs/ to apply.
- Trefoil & Group, Milwaukee — Summer 2014. Trefoil & Group is currently hiring a marketing and PR intern and a sales support and marketing intern. For more information or to apply go to http://trefoilgroup.com/careers/job-opportunities.html. Deadline to apply is April 15.
- — Internships currently available in graphic design and marketing. Job duties depend on the applicant, but past interns have conducted market research, taken photos, assisted in developing customer service surveys, designed, created or wrote for newsletters, and more. Must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours a week. Apply online at www.claritycare.org under the volunteer tab or stop in at their office at 424 Washington Ave., Oshkosh.
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center — Ongoing. Coordinate and execute marketing and public relations strategies, maintain and manage database information, coordinate poster and flyer imprinting and distribution and more.
- EAA, Summer 2014. Provide administrative support, write news releases and media sheets, compile and track media clips, and more.
- Trefoil Group, Milwaukee — Summer 2014. Support digital marketing offer with research event planning, trends and results analysis, create and post content for client social media program, write various communications including press releases, story pitches, and more. April 15 is deadline to apply.
- Deerfield Lodge and Resort, Hayward, WI, Summer 2014 — Take a leadership role managing social media marketing for Deerfoot Lodge, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, launch and manage email newsletter program, manage guest communications, refresh informational binders in each motel room and cabin, and more. This position also includes bartending duties.
Graphic Design and Photography:
- Videographer sought for June 28 wedding in Fox Valley. Paid. Email Amanda at email@example.com for details.
- Fond du Lac Festivals —Take photos at Walleye Weekend (June 6-8), to be used for printed materials, website, social media, etc.; develop processes to sort, organize and post photos, and more. Position still open as of Feb. 13.
- Oshkosh Northwestern Media — The Northwestern has a part-time photojournalist position open. The photojournalist would be responsible for capturing images, video and audio through various multimedia vehicles for digital and print platforms.
Multimedia, Social Media and Web:
- UW Oshkosh Integrated Marketing and Communications — Manage website projects from conceptualization to completion, perform audience research, write and edit content for websites, and more. Position posted on April 9, 2014.
- MorningMoss.com, Oshkosh — Write stories about hunting, fishing and the outdoors, curate photo galleries and design and implement social media marketing campaigns.
- B104.7, Spring 2014. Interns sought with some background in marketing, a passion for social media, graphic design skills and a knowledge and enthusiasm for today's marketing landscape.
- UW Oshkosh Department of Residence Life — Maintain social media channels, create promotional videos, develop creative strategies to communicate with internal and external audiences, and more.
- Center for Suicide Awareness — Maintain and update the Center for Suicide Awareness and Walk for Suicide Awareness Facebook accounts, and use other social media to get out the word. Time commitment of 1-4 hours weekly required.
- National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Chicago/Midwest Chapter — Ongoing. Manage the daily update of chapter Web site and the chapter Facebook page, add features to the Web site that would add to marketing and promotion efforts, look into video streaming and other features not currently on the site, and more.
Internships in other areas:
- Madison Area
-Internships in the Madison Area can be obtained by visiting our sister site at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Minneapolis Area
-Internships in the Minneapolis Area can be obtained by visiting our sister state's site at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
- Internships in Wisconsin
- Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Internships
- Internship Opportunities in California
- Newspaper Internship Directory (Updated annually)
National Internships & Fellowships
- Dow Jones Newspaper Fund Internship
- Poynter Fellowships
- American Society of Magazine Editors internship program
- Association for Women in Sports Media
- Boston University International Programs
- Boston Globe summer intern program
- Journalism Jobs
- Editor and Publisher magazine
- UC Berkeley Job list
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Pulliam Journalism Fellowship