Absence and Timesheet Entry & Approval Processes (HRS Self-Service)
Updating Time Approvers for Absences and Timesheets
- Complete the request form to update time approvers for all employee types EXCEPT Student Employees
- Student Employee time approver changes are to be completed by the Student Employment Employing Unit Coordinator for the corresponding department.
- Time Approver Changes Request Form
Absence and Time Administration (TA) Process
- Absence enter and approval process is real time - supervisor can approve immediately; absence will show on timesheet immediately (even if not yet approved)
- Employee can tell status of absence request on timesheet and in Request Absence, View Absence Request History
- Absence will not show as payable time (in the Summary of Hours on timesheet) until after the absence process runs
- Absence process runs immediately before Time Administration (TA)
Time Administration (TA - Timesheet) Processing
- Entry and usage rules are checked and the system evaluates and processes the reported time entered
- Payable Time is created after TA runs. All "Reported Time" that has been entered into HRS since the last TA process has been run, for the current or prior pay periods, will be evaluated by TA and either Payable Time or Exceptions will be created.
- Payable Time will be approved by the employee's supervisor. In HRS, Payable Time is the type of time that is approved on the timesheet. It is separate from Absence approvals.
- Exceptions are created when TA evaluates the reported time and the system is unable to determine how to recate payable time or the way the time has been reported is incomplete or "breaks the rules."
- TA process typically takes one (1) hour to evaluate. TA Runs 7 times every day, 7 days a week: 4:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 7:00pm, and overnight