Student Services Program Manager/Coordinator of Initiatives and Special Programs - 415b.1314
Coordinator will be responsible for the design, planning and implementation of departmental programs, events and initiatives. Under the direction of the Director of Residence Life, the Coordinator work in close collaboration with internal and external partners to provide superior service to students, families, staff and members of the greater Oshkosh community. The Coordinator will serve as a member of the Department of Residence Life Leadership Team, participating actively in priority-setting, budget development and policy creation.
Supervision: Director of Residence Life
30% Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of all Residence Hall Openings and Closings
• Lead Opening Weekend planning team.
• Recruit, train and evaluate up to 400 student volunteers, faculty, and staff involved with Opening Weekend.
• Collaborate with University Police, University Parking officials, the Oshkosh Police Department and other colleagues in planning and implementing successful hall openings and closings.
• Prepare hall staff for all openings and closings, including training presentations creation of relevant forms, lists and processes.
• Coordinate mid-year opening, with special emphasis on meeting the needs of incoming transfer students.
20% Conference Services Planning and Implementation
• Assist with planning and implementation of large conference events hosted by the Gruenhagen Conference Center. These may include the Oshkosh Placement Exchange, Special Olympics of Wisconsin Indoor Games, Badger Girls State Leadership Convention, the Wisconsin Parents Association Home Education Conference and other similar events.
• Attend planning meetings.
• Conference work will be directed by the Director of Conference Services.
15% Leadership and Oversight of Residence Hall Main Desk Service Centers
• Coordinate recruitment, hiring, training and evaluation of residence hall desk staff.
• Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and training of “Senior Community Advisors,” who serve as main desk managers in each building.
• Develop and implement standards for customer service.
• Train Residence Hall Directors on proper supervision and service expectations for main desks.
15% Coordination of Department Participation in Campus Programs and Events
• Serve as liaison to Reeve Union, University Athletics, the Chancellor’s Office and other relevant departments.
• Coordinate marketing and promotion efforts among residence hall staff and student leaders.
• Serve on campus-wide committees related to individual events.
20% Membership on Department of Residence Life Central Staff Leadership Team
• Attend weekly meetings of Central Staff Team.
• Assist with the setting of department priorities and goals.
• Assist with long-range planning and budget development.
• Serve as part of the “on-call” rotation, assisting hall staff with responses to significant incidents and emergencies.
• Support the Division of Student Affairs and the University through active and appropriate participation in campus events and committees.
07/31/2014, or as soon as possible
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 04/02/2014, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, resume, transcripts (official or photocopy), and contact information for five references to:
Thomas J. Fojtik
Director of Residence Life