Presentation Lab Manager (Information Processing Consultant) - 250a.1415
This position will manage the Presentation Lab and provide support of instructional technologies for students and instructors.
1. Manage the Presentation Lab - 40%
- Plan for, acquire, integrate and maintain computers, software and peripherals necessary to accomplish the mission of the Presentation Lab.
- Develop communications to inform faculty and students of the resources in the Presentation Lab.
- Provide assistance and consultation to students and faculty preparing materials for use in presentations and other class assignments.
- Make presentations and present workshops on production and effective use of presentations and computer multimedia.
- Keep records, manage charge backs and cash transactions and provide reports.
- Train and supervise student workers to assist students in the Presentation Lab.
2. General support of instructional technologies in collaboration with Learning Technologies staff and others - 40%
- Manage lecture capture and distribution system (Camtasia Relay) including classroom configuration.
- Administer Lynda.com instance and assist faculty with incorporating materials in courses.
- Participate in Learning Management System (Desire2Learn) support with concentration on integrating multimedia into course sites.
- Track trends of instructional technology and make recommendations for new or improved services.
3. In collaboration with Academic Computing, maintain hardware and software in Learning Technologies, including Windows and Macintosh computers, scanners, still and video digital cameras, color laser and large format printers, mobile devices, and print and file servers - 15%
4. Participate in department, university, and system teams and projects - 5%
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience supporting instructional technologies such as lecture capture and course management systems.
- Competence with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Experience with serve or web-based technology systems.
- Experience providing personal computer support.
- Experience giving workshops and presentations.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 08/15/2014
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, three current letters of recommendation, resume, and official transcripts to: