Outreach Program Manager I - 290e.1314
Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement
The Outreach Program Manager will work as part of a team with other program managers, as well as advisors, pre-advisors, recruiters, and other staff to initiate, develop, and promote online degree and certificate programs for adult nontraditional students. The current need within LLCE is for a Program Manager to oversee recruitment and promotion for the Aviation Management emphasis. As this emphasis matures, the Program Manager's areas of responsibilities may shift to include other new or existing programs. While all LLCE staff members have areas of specific responsibility, all are expected to work as a team to support other programs as needed.
Recruit for and Promote Aviation Management Emphasis - 40%
- Submit an annual plan for recruitment for the Aviation Management emphasis by October 1 each year. Revise the plan throughout the year as needed. Review results of the past year's recruitment efforts, suggest changes for the current year's plan, review and suggest changes to collateral materials.
- Prepare for, coordinate staffing for, and help staff EAA AirVenture.
- Investigate additional recruitment opportunities such as conferences, airshows, etc. to attend to promote the program. Attend events as needed.
- Contact colleges that have 2-year Aviation programs to promote partnerships/articulations. Visit select colleges in Wisconsin and in the region.
- Serve as liaison with Aviation programs at Fox Valley Technical College, our primary partner for the Aviation Management program.
- Contact and visit HR departments of aviation-related businesses in the region to promote the emphasis.
- Work with LLCE Marketing Department to plan and implement student and prospective student correspondence, mailing, email blasts, newsletters, etc.
Support Instruction and Curriculum Development of Aviation Management Emphasis - 20%
- Research curricula of similar programs and suggest ideas for revising and/or expanding the Aviation Management curriculum. Serve as an ex officio member of the Bachelor of Applied Studies curriculum committee.
- Meet regularly with advisors and pre-advisors for the program to keep them up to date with relevant information and to gather input concerning their communications with current and prospective students.
- Recruit members for an Aviation Management external advisory board. Organize and lead meetings of advisory board twice yearly.
- Review existing articulation agreements every three years and draft new articulation agreements.
- Help identify and recruit instructors for the program as needed.
- Coordinate online conferences with Aviation Management instructors. Work with LLCE Coordinator of Instruction to develop orientation for new AM instructors.
- Conduct programmatic self-study review for mandated program reviews every six years.
Develop, Support, and Promote Other LLCE Online Degree Programs - 30%
- Help staff recruiting events, including overnight travel to conferences and meetings, for other LLCE degree programs, including the Public Safety emphasis and the Fire and Emergency Response Management major.
- Work with LLCE Marketing Department and other Program Managers to research, initiate and develop new online degree and certificate programs.
- Collaborate with other LLCE staff to develop ideas for non-credit programming (e.g., workshops, certificates, etc.) related to Aviation Management and other related topics (e.g., general aviation).
Other Responsibilities as Needed - 10%
- Serve on search and screen committees as needed.
- Attend regular meetings of Online Degree Programs (ODP) group, LLCE staff, and working groups as needed.
- Serve as active member of the ODP group and the LLCE division - help develop, support and implement ideas for enhanced collaboration and continual improvement of programs and processes.
- A Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Marketing, Communication, or in a related field.
- At least two years of successful experience recruiting non-traditional students in a higher-education setting.
- Working knowledge of adult degree programs.
- Ability to work independently to achieve stated objectives.
- A collaborative attitude and evidence of successfully working within a team structure.
- A high level of organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and both written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite computer applications. A facility for mastering new software formats as needed.
- Strong advocate for all types of diversity, with proven ability to work with a diverse student and workplace population.
- Valid driver's license.
All new employees at UW Oshkosh are required to successfully complete a criminal background check.
- A Master's degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Marketing, Communication or in a related field.
- Professional experience working within an aviation-related industry.
- Knowledge of the educational needs of the aviation industry and of the professional opportunities available in the industry for baccalaureate degree holders.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 07/11/2014, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, resume, contact information for five references and transcripts (official or photocopy) to:
Director - Online Degree & Certificate Programs
Division of Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement