Marketing and Development Specialist - 304c.1213
The Marketing & Development Specialist is responsible for the creation and execution of all community relations, marketing, social media and promotional campaigns for the Intercollegiate Athletics Department.
Also, this role is responsible for the development of an integrated athletic marketing and fundraising plan that will raise exposure and increase revenue for Intercollegiate Athletics. Responsibilities include collaboration with University foundation, University Alumni Association, Integrated Marketing and Athletic department staff in the development of this plan and the recommendation of plan implementation, timeline and resources needed. The position will also be responsible for directing current Athletic department marketing efforts already in place.
A. Marketing and Event Management Duties:
• Develop a strategic marketing plan which encompasses branding, recruitment support, campus and community relations and communication strategies.
• Design and coordinate all promotional materials related to all game and season promotions.
• Utilizes the diversity within the workforce by incorporating the diverse perspectives into promotional materials.
• Coordinate the printing of schedule cards, posters, ticket brochures and other promotional pieces.
• Responsible for the execution of game promotions for athletic events.
• Work or arrange for workers (student volunteers) at athletic events to coordinate the execution of activities, liaison with media and other promotional activities.
• Responsible for the placement for all print, radio, and television ads.
• Facilitate Video Board operation.
• Lead role in the design and implementation of “branding” the Athletics department.
B. Development and Fundraising Initiatives Support:
• Assist with corporate partner development program
• Work with University Foundation and University Alumni Association to generate further revenues from former Titan athletes; including but not limited to an alumni athlete donor program and increasing attendance by athletes at alumni events.
• Establish a community outreach program that will see athletes and coaches increase their exposure in the community, including but not limited to programs geared toward elementary schools and youth sports programs.
• Establish a fundraising program geared to work with and aid local charities.
• Work with the resources on campus to get the campus community more involved with Intercollegiate Athletics and the fundraising initiatives.
• Participate in alumni and community functions as the representative of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and Intercollegiate Athletics.
C. Website, Social Media, and Radio Support:
• Collaborate with sports information department on management of athletics web site as well as information being submitted to area media outlets.
• Assist in the design and maintenance of Intercollegiate Athletics web site, including the production of feature stories and daily updates, as well as establishing sponsorship opportunities on the Internet.
• Manage the internship programs and supervise student workers.
• Responsible for social media and coordination of Titan Tuesday Radio Show.
Assume other necessary duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Three to five years of marketing and development experience.
August 1, 2013 or earlier
Terms of Appointment
Evaluation of applications will begin June 19, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Send letter of application; resume; contact information for five references including email addresses and phone numbers; and transcripts to:
Kelly Beisenstein-Weiss, Student Recreation and Wellness
Electronic application with attachments is the only accepted form of application.