Counselor/Outreach Coordinator - 505d.1314
Individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, supervision, consultation, assessment and Coordinator of the Counseling Center Outreach Program. Services for employees in the Counseling Center based EAP.
The Counseling Center values clinical excellence, collaboration and time sensitive therapy. We have a deep commitment to the personal and academic development of university students. The staff represents a diversity of theoretical approaches and practices. We strive to honor the life experiences and cultural identities of students, faculty and staff in all our services. We commit ourselves to an on-going learning process to enhance our multicultural understanding and our ability to be effective allies to all communities on campus.
- Master's level in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy.
- Ability to meet Wisconsin licensure requirements within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in multicultural counseling and consultation.
- Ability to collaborate with the campus community to enhance engagement with diverse student groups (e.g. race, ethnicity, LGBTQ, gender, SES).
- Experience providing psychological services to students in a university counseling center.
- Evidence of strong generalist skills with experience, knowledge and commitment to providing: individual/group counseling, crisis intervention, treatment with diverse and/or complex clients, outreach, assessment, brief counseling, consultation, career counseling and clinical supervision.
- Coordination/implementation of outreach/prevention program is preferred.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 06/09/2014, and will continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, resume, contact information for five references, and transcripts (official or photocopy) to:
Student Success Center Suite 240
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Boulevard
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8613
For questions about the position or the status of application materials, contact: