Assistant Women's Basketball Coach/Game Management/Assistant Concessions Manager - 304f.1314
- Assist in organizing and operating an effective women's basketball team.
- Recruit effectively by guidelines set by the university, conference and the NCAA.
- Assist in planning and organizing in-season women's basketball practices.
- Ensure the academic success of women's basketball student-athletes as a model NCAA DIII institution.
- Assist in coordinating academic meetings with the team.
- Assist in planning and organizing off-season conditioning programs.
- Promotes women's basketball at UW Oshkosh through clinics, camps, and speaking engagements.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of NCAA, conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Counsel student-athletes and set up short/long-term goals.
- Develop and execute fundraising projects when appropriate.
- Participate in university activities and committees.
- Attend departmental meetings, organizational efforts, and departmental activities.
- Work with marketing team on game environment and community outreach initiatives.
- Assist in organizing all concessions sales for high school and/or outside activities held on or in the UW Oshkosh athletic facilities.
- Provide customer service and food preparation and service during contests, special events, and programs.
- May be responsible for assisting with concessions programs off campus or out of the building as needed.
- Verify all starting cash funds and process deposit at the end of the concessions shift.
- Record and submit completed daily concessions inventory form after each shift.
- Communicate information to concessions manager in assisting with inventory control.
- Follow appropriate safe food handling procedures before, during, and following all events.
- Demonstrate success in UW Oshkosh's essential learning outcomes.
- Take part in professional development and educations activities to stay abreast of new ideas, concepts, and changes that occur in women's basketball.
- Demonstrate record and commitment to diversity and inclusion and be able to work with diverse populations, including but not limited to people of all ages with various ethnic, sexual orientation, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Exhibit experience in and appreciation of inclusivity, first generation, low income and multicultural issues.
- Create and maintain a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity. Set clear guidelines for expected behaviors and clear methods of reporting inappropriate behavior.
- Demonstrate familiarity with national trends and best practices related to diversity, inclusivity, undergraduate retention programs and practices, academic support services and campus climate issues.
- Endorse and support other sports within the Athletic Department and other duties as outlines by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Three years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 06/10/2014
How to Apply
Submit a resume and contact information for five references (including phone numbers and email addresses) to:
Student Recreation and Wellness
Applications and the required attachments will only be accepted electronically.