Assistant Vice Chancellor for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer - 400a.1314
- This position guides the overall vision for information technology through strategic planning and supports executive-level decision making on IT issues.
- Provides leadership, budgeting, planning and management for all areas of information technology development and implementation. These areas include: voice and data communications, academic technologies, administrative systems, financial technology, training, user support and IT security systems.
- Oversees management, professional development, and personnel matters relating to IT staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, including open and collaborative communication channels, with all IT constituents.
- Provides leadership and guidance on the selection, development, maintenance, enhancement, acquisition, operations, installation and problem resolution for the University computer hardware, software, academic technologies, telecommunications and data communications.
- Responsible for the evaluation, development, recommendation, implementation and/or administration of comprehensive policies, procedures, goals, objectives and standards regarding University-wide information technology.
- Actively participates in and provides leadership in UW System and statewide information technology initiatives.
- Responsible for reporting on IT issues to all university groups.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in information technology or related field.
- Project, budget and personnel management experience and responsibilities.
- Proven track record of leadership experience at the director level or above.
- Master's degree in information technology, educational administration, business or a related field.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Familiarity with ITIL and ITSM concepts.
10/01/2014; Negotiable start date
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 07/15/2014, and continue until position is filled.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for three references to: