Assistant or Associate Professor, COB Accounting - 029i.1213
College of Business, Accounting
• Teach graduate and undergraduate accounting courses
• Engage in and publish the results of scholarly activity
• Provide service to the department, college, university, academy, and community
• Doctorate with an accounting emphasis from an AACSB-accredited institution. Evidence of completion by start date required. All specializations considered, with a preference for teaching interests in Accounting Information Systems, International Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, and Auditing.
• Evidence of effective classroom teaching
• Evidence of ability to manage a research portfolio
Evidence of engagement with the American Accounting Association or other academic or professional organizations
• Evidence of collegiality in a work or educational setting
• Evidence of engagement with local community
• Relevant professional experience and/or accounting certification(s)
Terms of Appointment
Screening of applications begins September 3, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply
Send letter of application (see details below); vita, philosophy of teaching statement; description of research agenda to:
Ms. Donna Molus
COB, Accounting Department Program Assistant
Electronic application preferred.
Letter of Application, to include:
• Expression of interest in the position
• Brief description of areas of particular interest for teaching and research
• Date of degree, if degree in hand
• Date(s) of proposal defense and/or final defense of dissertation, if ABD
• Curriculum vita(e)
• Philosophy of Teaching Statement, including teaching experience (e.g., courses taught) and evidence of effective teaching (e.g., student evaluation scores) in addition to teaching philosophy.
• Description of Research Agenda
• Contact information for three references
For additional information, contact the Search Committee Chair, Professor Nathan V. Stuart, at email@example.com or (920) 424-3472.