Assistant Men's Basketball Coach/Game Management/Special Events Assistant - 304h.1314
- Assist in organizing and operating an effective men's basketball program.
- Recruit effectively by guidelines set by the university, conference and the NCAA.
- Assist in planning and organizing in-season men's basketball practices.
- Ensure the academic success of men's basketball student-athletes as a model NCAA DIII institution.
- Assist in coordinating academic meetings with the team.
- Assist in planning and organizing off-season conditioning programs.
- Promotes men' basketball at UW Oshkosh through clinics, camps, and speaking engagements.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of NCAA, conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Counsel student-athletes and set up short/long-term goals.
- Develop and execute fundraising projects when appropriate.
- Participate in university activities and committees.
- Attend departmental meetings, organizational efforts, and departmental activities.
- Work with marketing team on game environment and community outreach initiatives.
- Coordinate and supervise home contests including facility set-up, student staff, ticket sales, and game management for a select sport.
- Assist the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director in the coordination of special events including but not limited to the department-wide golf outing and NCAA championship hosted events.
- Demonstrate success in UW Oshkosh's essential learning outcomes.
- Take part in professional development and educational activities to stay abreast of new ideas, concepts and changes that occur in men's basketball.
- Demonstrate record and commitment to diversity and inclusion and able to work with diverse populations, including but not limited to people of all ages with various ethnic, sexual orientation, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Exhibit experience in and appreciation of inclusivity, first generation, low income and multicultural issues.
- Create and maintain a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity. Set clear guidelines for expected behavior and clear methods of reporting inappropriate behavior.
- Demonstrate familiarity with national trends and best practices related to diversity, inclusivity, undergraduate retention programs and practices, academic support services and campus climate issues.
- Endorse and support other sports within the Athletic Department and other duties as outlined by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Three years of coaching experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
Terms of Appointment
Review of files will begin 06/10/2014
How to Apply
Submit a resume and contact information for five references to:
Lee Van Scyoc
College of Business
Applications and the required attachments should be submitted electronically by email.