Assistant Dean of Students (working title: Student Services Program Manager II) - 506a.1314
Dean of Students
Under the direction of the Dean of Students, the Assistant Dean of Students is responsible for delivering services to students that promote their academic and personal development. These services include, but are not limited to, providing direction and intervention for students in crisis and non-crisis situations; intervening with students in mental health crises, coordinating services with Victim Advocate, administering the student code of conduct, including academic dishonesty; working with University staff and faculty to resolve student problems; mediating and resolving conflict; and student referrals. The Assistant Dean will be responsible for participation in and/or coordination of office wide events that could include but are not limited to New Student Advisement and Registration, New Student Orientation, Transfer Student Orientation, Fall Fest Activities, and Parent Program.
• Master’s degree preferably in Student Personnel Services, Student Development, Higher Education or related field.
• Four (4) years of full-time professional experience in a higher education or related environment.
• Experience with student conduct and crisis intervention.
• Demonstrated background in leading collaborative efforts between multiple constituencies including, faculty, staff, students, and members of the local community.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Demonstrated understanding of under-represented groups and initiatives that enhance inclusive efforts.
• Ability to apply student development theory with the philosophy of educational discipline.
• Knowledge of higher education legal issues pertaining to student conduct administration.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Understanding of various alternative dispute resolution models.
• Knowledge of Alcohol and other drug education.
• Ability to coordinate programs.
as soon as possible targeting June 1, 2014
Terms of Appointment
How to Apply
Send letter of application; resume; contact information for five references; transcripts (official or photocopy); and statement addressing ability to contribute to the enhancement of student awareness and appreciation of diverse cultures to:
Dean of Students Office