Director of LLCE Program Advising (Student Services Program Manager II)-290a.1314
Lifelong Learning & Community Engagement
- Manage and supervise undergraduate advising staff for the LLCE degree and certificate programs.
- Provide leadership, set priorities, and plan the objectives for the LLCE Advising Unit.
- Direct the overall pre-advising activities for the prospective and current LLCE students.
- Develop final policy recommendations and policy implementation for non-traditional and adult students for the LLCE Academic Advising unit.
- Plan, develop, and implement training for advisors and classified staff.
- Develop systems for data collection. Analyze data to more effectively support decision-making for Unit and Division programs.
- Work with advisors, students, and others when issues or problems arise to reach and acceptable solution.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current University and degree policy/procedure/curricular changes and current contacts/resources.
- Maintain a limited advising load.
- Provide recommendations for new programming, curricular changes, course rotations and schedules.
- Collaborate with AVC and Directors to establish and maintain official partnership with area 2 year colleges and Wisconsin technical colleges, as well as other UWO colleges and Departments.
- Work collaboratively with other LLCE Directors and participate as part of AVC’s management team.
- Coordinate outside initiatives and contacts with AVC, Directors, and Outreach Specialists.
- Work in partnership with LLCE Adult Student Resources to enhance the services and retention of current LLCE program students.
- Work closely with administrative and functional areas of UWO that are integral to advising to assure a smooth working relationship and effective student services (i.e. UARC, Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Aid).
- A Master’s Degree in student personnel, higher education administration, counseling, career development, or a related field.
- Academic advising or related experiences in higher education.
- Demonstrated record of innovative, student-centered leadership in advising or related field.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in an academic setting with a diverse student, faculty, and staff community.
- Ability to interact and cooperate effectively with the various internal constituencies of comprehensive university.
- Working knowledge of information technology applications for academic advising functions.
- Innovative problem-solving skills.
- Experience in directing, supervising, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Working knowledge of preparing and monitoring budgets.
- A valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
- A Doctorate Degree in student personnel, higher education administration, counseling, career development, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate strategic planning and execute strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership in change and transition management.
- Thorough working knowledge and hands-on experience in directing academic advising programs.
- Experience working with external constituencies.
Terms of Appointment
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled
How to Apply
Send letter of application, resume, contact information for 5 references, and transcripts (official or photocopy) to:
Lifelong Learning and Community Engagement
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901