UHP Annual Spring Trip
Each Spring, the UHP sponsors a trip exclusively for Honors students and their guests. Destinations switch between Milwaukee and Chicago (and may include other cities depending on events). This annual venture allows Honors students for a small fee ($25 to $30) to enjoy a day away from campus and to experience an array of exciting cultural opportunities.
Spring Trip itineraries typically include a trip to a museum or gallery, admission to a live theatrical or music production, and a three-course dinner.
Plans are underway for a trip to Milwaukee on Saturday, April 25! Details are forthcoming; an announcement will be emailed to UHP students in February.
Details about the Spring Trip 2014 to Chicago on Saturday, May 3, are posted in the February newsletter!
Previous Spring Trip highlights:
- The Joffrey Ballet's U.S. premiere of Krzysztof Pastor's Romeo and Juliet
- Architecture tour by boat on the Chicago River
- Riccardo Muti conducting Bach's Mass in B Minor with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Personalized tours and lectures at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Science and Industry, Villa Terrace Museum, Historic Milwaukee Inc., and the Milwaukee Art Museum
- A presentation of a brilliant classic film, Charlie Chaplin's City Lights, with the score performed live by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- A vibrant performance at Chicago's Symphony Hall by world-renowned musician Zakir Hussain and the Masters of Percussion
- Dinners at great Chicago restaurants like The Berghoff, India House, and Socca
- Milwaukee Rep's production of Death of a Salesman
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Milwaukee County Zoo
- Live performances of RENT, Sunset Boulevard, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, and Phantom of the Opera
- The Glass Menagerie at The University of Chicago's acclaimed Court Theatre