Honors Registration begins the first week of October:
Seniors: Mon., Oct. 3
Juniors: Tues., Oct. 4
Sophomores: Wed., Oct. 5
Freshmen: Thurs., Oct. 6
For Honors Advising appointments, please contact Liz Taylor: email@example.com
- Katrina Bell (BS in Psychology and minor in French) departed for Mount Pleasant, Michigan, to begin the Clinical Psychology PhD program at Central Michigan University.
- Marisa Cuellar (BS in Journalism and minor in History) is working as a Marketing Coordinator at Kalmbach Publishing in Waukesha, Wis.
- Heather Freund (BSE in History and BSE in Social Science and minor in English [Secondary Education]) is teaching psychology, crime and social issues, and U.S. history at Eisenhower Middle/High School in New Berlin, Wis.
- Michelle Glines (BFA in Graphic Communications) is working for Silver Editions, a children’s publishing company, in New York City.
- Meghan Iverson (BA in Spanish) took a summer course in Web design at UW Oshkosh and then studied Web design and coding at Milwaukee Area Technical College. She began working for Marcus Corporation in 2008 and loves her job, which focuses on Marcus Hotels and Resorts.
- Margaret LaBorde (BA in Environmental Studies, BA in International Studies [Latin American Studies], and BA in Spanish) began a 27-month commitment to the Peace Corps as an Agro-Forestry and Environmental Education Volunteer in El Salvador. Margaret taught sustainable agricultural methods to rural farmers and worked with rural schools to incorporate environmental education into their curriculum.
- Heath Mynsberge (BA in Political Science and minor in History) attended law school at UW-Madison.
- Laura Roemaat (BA in Spanish and BSW) started her Master’s in Social Work at UW-Milwaukee.
- Bryce Scherer (BA in Radio/TV/Film; minor in History) is living in Los Angeles, Calif., and working as a production assistant for the reality show Wipeout. She described the show as one in which “people go through difficult obstacle courses [and] usually fall off or get run into by things and land in big mud puddles.”
- Greta Voit (BSE in Physics [Secondary Education] and minor in Mathematics [Secondary Education]) is teaching Physics and Biotechnical Engineering at New Berlin West High School in New Berlin, Wis. In her first year of teaching, she received the Wisconsin Society of Science Teacher’s Frank Zuerner New Teacher Scholarship. Greta also began the master’s program in Curriculum and Instruction (Physics Education emphasis) at UW Oshkosh.
- Melissa Whalen (BA in Journalism [Advertising/PR] and minor in English) is working as a public relations account coordinator at Boelter and Lincoln Marketing Communications in downtown Milwaukee.
- Alexander Zinoviev (BBA in Marketing) found work at Risdall Advertising Agency Interactive in Minneapolis, the largest interactive firm in Minnesota. There he learned a great deal about Web development but always planned to continue his education. He completed a master’s of international business as well as a master’s of commerce from the University of Sydney, Australia, and graduated in spring 2011. Alex then planned to visit South America to Peru, Argentina, Brazil and Chile. “Upon my return to Australia, I will be looking for opportunities to keep pursuing my career here,” he said.
Feb 27, 2012 12:26 PM