The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
offers three Scholarships/Awards directly linked to the International Studies Program.
International Studies/Model UN Scholarship
A $1000 Scholarship to be awarded annually
The scholarship will be awarded at the University Honors Convocation, as a credit against the following Fall’s tuition.
- Full time student at UW Oshkosh (at least 12 credits in the semester tuition credit is received)
- International Studies Major
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 within courses giving credit to the International Studies Major
- Completed at least 15 credits, including six upper division credits toward the International Studies Major.
- Active member of Model UN and a member of the NY team for at least one year
- Significant leadership within Model UN beyond the responsibilities of team members through one or more of the following:
- Service as an Officer in the organziation
- Service as a final position paper rewriter
- Assisting and mentoring new members in developing their MUN skills through conducting session in addition to and that supplement regular meeting activities
- Leading activities that benefit MUN as a group/team
- Submission of an essay of up to five pages, on the topic:
- Why is the United Nations relevant today?
- Essays will be submitted to Dr. Kenneth J. Grieb and are due on the first day of classes for the January Interim Semester
Selection Process :
Essays wll be reviewed and ranked by MUN Alumni and Dr. Grieb.
The final decision will be made on the basis of all criteria, by Dr. Grieb and MUN Alumni by March 15.