College of Letters and Science
Making up the COLS initial priorities are maintaining and enhancing community engagement, developing student learning experiences, enhancing interdisciplinary collaborations, and managing sustainable change.
The College of Letters and Science is committed to the following priorities:
- Maintain and enhance our community engagement.
- Develop the student learning experience through refining mentoring, advising and technology.
- Enhance interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Provide resources to enhance the teaching experience from the arrival of new faculty through tenure.
- Develop the COLS strategic communications plan to provide recognition of the depth and breadth of talent within the college and to promote the value of the liberal arts.
- Manage sustainable change precipitated by urgent priorities.
These priorities were identified through a strategic plan adopted in Fall 2010 to help guide the College over a five-year period. Additional information about the process and the resulting document is available on the COLS website.