Human Resources Support and Development Plan
The Human Resources Key Operational Plan outlines six major goals for 2011-2013. The goals involve University employees across all employment groups and include: implementation of the PeopleSoft Human Resource System; commitment to equitable pay; professional development and succession planning; the University's wellness program; Inclusive Excellence and the development of a University Staffing Plan.
Accomplishments for 2010-2011
- Successfully implemented release one of the new Human Resources Information System (HRS), a new computer system with modules in human resources, payroll, benefits, absence management and time and labor.
- Explained to employees and implemented many changes brought about Act 10 (2009-2011 Budget Repair Bill) and Act 32 (2011-2013 Biennial Budget).
- Updated the salary equity policy for professional-administrative academic staff to allow for greater access to the process for all professional-administrative academic staff.
- Insured equitable treatment of classified staff in all human resources functions despite the dissolution of many bargaining units.
- Partnered with various departments of the University in reorganization efforts.
- Trained classified staff supervisors on an as needed basis regarding operational issues and performance evaluation.
- Human Resources staff worked one-on-one with classified and academic staff to assist them with development plans.
- Trained department chairs are trained on an as needed basis regarding human resources issues.
Goals for 2011-2013
- Ensure successful completion of Human Resources business practices, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and best practices.
- Ensure the process utilized to determine University employees' pay and benefits is transparent, understandable and equitable.
- Provide employees with a premier professional development and growth program.
- Advance the physical and emotional health of all University employees to become a "well-university."
- Weave the principles of Inclusive Excellence (I/E) into all aspects of Human Resources, modeling the University's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Develop a comprehensive University staffing plan.