The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh will be a national model as a responsive, progressive, and scholarly public service community known for its accomplished record of engaging people and ideas for common good. It will be admired for:
- Enrichment and Leadership that emphasizes intellectual, civic, ethical, and personal development for students, faculty, and staff.
- The Centrality of the Student-Faculty Relationship that is distinguished by active learning, mutual respect, and collaborative scholarship.
- Teaching Excellence that is characterized by diversity, discovery, engagement, innovation, dialogue, and dissemination.
- Scholarly Achievement that furthers new knowledge through diverse methods of inquiry and is applicable to multiple audiences.
- Partnerships that mutually serve, stimulate, and shape the University and the broader public.