The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh community values:
- Knowledge and Continuous Learning. We believe that the pursuit of knowledge, understanding, meaning and personal development should be encouraged across all stages of life.
- Diversity and Inclusivity. We believe that a university community connects the perspectives and backgrounds of diverse social and academic groups of people. To meet this aim, a university community must be inclusive in its composition and support a civil atmosphere and a tolerant environment for learning.
- Quality and Achievement. We believe that a university should provide a wide range of high-quality educational and scholarly opportunities that stimulate activity and recognize achievement by students, faculty and staff.
- Freedom and Responsibility. We believe that members of a university community must be free to pursue academic, artistic and research agendas that are essential to the University Mission, while contributing to an open and collegial environment that promotes reasoned inquiry, intellectual honesty, scholarly competence and the pursuit of new knowledge.
- Engagement and Support. We believe the vitality of ideas is supported by mutually reinforcing relationships that involve students, faculty, staff, administrators and the broader community. The student-faculty relationship is the most central relationship in the University. This spirit of engagement also must extend beyond the borders of our campus as we seek to stimulate, serve and shape our society.
- Social Awareness and Responsiveness. We believe that educators and students should explore and engage the challenges that confront regional, national and global communities, using their intellectual and creative capabilities to understand, investigate and solve problems. Social awareness will allow us to respond to domestic and international needs for equitable and sustainable societies.