Beyond campus, UW Oshkosh increases quality of life in the region through community collaborations.
- CCDET (Center for Career Development and Employability Training) provides youth advocacy and adult career counseling outreach to individuals, organizations, agencies and communities throughout Wisconsin.
- Continuing Education and Extension affords people of all ages with the opportunity to engage in a variety of professional development workshops and seminars, personal enrichment programs and youth camps.
- Learning in Retirement, a program of Continuing Education and Extension, offers members a variety of learning opportunities throughout the year.
- The Living Healthy Community Clinic serves
Winnebago County's 16,000-plus uninsured residents with a new facility
that holds seven, fully equipped exam rooms; a lab room; and teaching
- Oshkosh Sports Complex provides an exceptional community athletic venue with an Olympic-quality track for UW Oshkosh athletes as well as local high school and middle school teams.
- Screen Scene Film Series offers audiences the opportunity to watch and discuss movies at the Grand Opera House in Oshkosh.
- Shakespeare on the Fox brings leading theatre companies to the Fox River Valley, provides stirring live theatre and supports the performances with lectures and public workshops.
- Since 2004, the beach monitoring project has involved more than 100 graduate and undergraduate students, monitored more than 100 Wisconsin beaches and operated five state-certified labs around Wisconsin for analysis of E.coli from beach water. In partnership with the state Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and local governments and agencies, this project has grown to involve a variety of community-based projects, as well as outreach and environmental public health research.
- The University's comprehensive impact was highlighted in a Chamber of Commerce magazine cover story, Collaboration 101: UW Oshkosh and community partner for success.