History Department Alumni
Connect with and learn about successful history Alumni
- Todd Olson, '08, Active Duty Army Officer, MBA Candidate — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Apr 14, 2014 10:42 AM
- After finishing his history degree at UWO in 2008, Mr. Olson was commissioned as an active duty Army officer, specializing in transportation and logistics. He was twice deployed to Afghanistan. Soon, he'll be pursuing his Master's in Business Administration at the Smeal College of Business at Pennsylvania State University.
- Rachel Raasch, '12, Organization Support Rep. at Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Apr 17, 2014 12:43 PM
- Ms. Raasch earned her B.A. in History from UWO in 2012, and with experience as an archivist and a professional writer, is now Organization Support Representative at the Housing Partnership of the Fox Cities.
- David Rugowski, '80, MS, CAADC, CRC, LCPC — by Kercher, Stephen E — last modified Apr 30, 2014 11:23 AM
- David Rugowski, a Rehabilitation Counselor Senior, focused on European history while at UWO, and has since worked in both marketing and counseling. Read on to know how he parlayed a study of history into two seemingly unrelated fields.
- Sara (Wilkomm) Held, '11, M.S. Candidate in Community Counseling — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Sep 25, 2014 10:03 AM
- Sara (Wilkomm) Held graduated from the History Department in 2011, after publishing her senior thesis, "A Movement Without A Face: Anonymity and the Push for Women's Rights in 1800s America," in the Oshkosh Scholar journal. She is now pursuing her master's degree, and a career in community counseling.
- Gary Dundas, ’71, retired — by Kercher, Stephen E — last modified May 09, 2014 08:43 AM
- Gary Dundas, Class of 1971. Recently retired after 38 years with Allstate Insurance Company.
- Jordan Wilms, '06, Records Management Consultant for a UN agency in Germany — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Sep 12, 2014 12:24 PM
- After graduating from our department, Mr. Wilms directed a small museum in South Dakota, directed economic development for a Minnesota county, and earned his master's in public administration before getting a job with a UN agency in Germany.
- Matt Pietruczak, '10, Attorney — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Mar 02, 2015 03:17 PM
- After finishing his history degree, Matt went to law school at the University of Wisconsin, and is now an attorney in a firm specializing in the representation of biotech and life science firms.
- Kathleen Sherwin, '13, Consumer Care Specialist — by Loiacono, Gabriel J — last modified Mar 02, 2015 03:29 PM
- Kathleen received undergraduate degrees in history and psychology, and has plans of pursuing graduate work in psychology. First, she is putting her skills to use in the business world, at Alta Resources.