Proposal Writing Resources
Grant and research proposal writing resources including helpful links and books available in the Office of Grants and Faculty Development.
The Office of Grants and Faculty Development is available as your first resource for proposal writing assistance. Please contact us if you need assistance with any stage of your proposal writing process.
- For help with proposal development, please contact the Director of the Office of Grants and Faculty Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-3215.
- If you need assistance with proposal editing, contact Susan Surendonk at email@example.com or (920) 424-3215. Please contact Susan early to establish an appropriate editing schedule.
- Information about budget development can be found in the Budget Development section of our website. If you need additional assistance with budget development, please contact Dawn Abraham in Grants Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 424-1308.
Links to Proposal Writing Resources
- A Proposal Writing Short Course from The Foundation Center
- A Guide to Proposal Planning and Writing (pdf) from Oryx Press
- University of North Carolina resource that contains links to 19 sources covering many themes and topics
- User-Friendly Handbook for Project Evaluation (pdf) from National Science Foundation
- A Guide for Proposal Writing (pdf) from National Science Foundation
- Grant Writing Tips Sheets from National Institutes of Health
Books about Proposal Writing
Many of these helpful books are available through popular online bookstores or at the Oshkosh Public Library through inter-library loan.
|The Only Grant-Writing Book You'll Ever Need: Top Grant Writers and Grant Givers Share Their Secrets
Written by: Ellen Karsh and Arlen Sue Fox
Basic Books, Third Edition, August 25, 2009
|Storytelling for Grantseekers: A Guide to Creative Nonprofit Fundraising
Written by Cheryl A. Clarke
Jossey-Bass, Second Edition, January 20, 2009
|Grant Proposal Makeover: Transform Your Request from No to Yes
Written by Cheryl A. Clarke and Susan P. Fox
Jossey-Bass, November 28, 2006