Information about the Undergraduate Research Advisory Council at UW Oshkosh.
The job of the Undergraduate Research Advisory (URA) Council is to encourage and enable research activities involving undergraduate students at UW Oshkosh. The council is also inventorying existing UW Oshkosh research activities involving undergraduates with a goal of enhancing and growing these programs.
Members of the URA Council serve a one-year term.
The council will:
- Review the Student/Faculty Collaborative Research programs, with
an eye toward a new process for reviewing proposals and making awards;
- Inventory existing campus undergraduate research activities in
order to establish a baseline for planning and growth;
- Explore programs at peer institutions to inform vision and
- Investigate financial resources needed for undergraduate research programs.
2010-2011 Council Members
- Lisa Dorn (Biology & Microbiology)
- Linda Freed (Office of Grants and Faculty Development)
- Fredi Giesler (Social Work)
- Jonathan Gutow, chair (Chemistry)
- Jaya Jambunathan (Nursing)
- Stephen Kercher (History)
- Craig Maher (Graduate School Representative)
- Kevin McGee (Economics)
- Tom Naps (Computer Science)
- Perry Rettig (Provost & Vice Chancellor’s Office)
- Marsha Rossiter (COEHS
- Mary Seaman (Biology & Microbiology, McNair Scholars Program)
- Tracy Slagter (Political Science, Oshkosh Scholar Adviser)
- Bob Stelzer (Biology & Microbiology)