The Teaching Component's primary objective is to improve proposer's teaching effectiveness. Projects are expected to: present substantial new professional challenges to proposers (e.g. pedagogical issues or knowledge or skills acquisition); relate directly to current or planned UW Oshkosh courses and programs; produce tangible evidence of professional development (e.g., preparation of new teaching materials, methods or courses or conference papers and publications).
- present substantial new professional challenges to proposers (e.g., pedagogical issues or knowledge or skills acquisition);
- relate directly to current or planned UW Oshkosh courses and programs;
- produce tangible evidence of professional development (e.g., preparation of new teaching materials, teaching methods, courses, or sub-programs; or conference papers and publications).
Submitting a Teaching Proposal
For detailed information about the Teaching Component, procedures for submitting a proposal, eligibility and evaluation criteria see the Teaching section of the Faculty Development Fund Handbook. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION OF THE HANDBOOK IN ITS ENTIRETY, AS A PROPOSAL NARRATIVE OR OTHER MATERIALS MAY BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION. You can also download the following documents pertaining to the Teaching Component:
- Proposal Cover Sheet Instructions
- Proposal Cover Sheet Form
- Teaching Component Evaluation Form (PDF for guidance or web form for evaluators)
- Teaching and Research Panelist Data Sheet
- Final Report Instructions
- Final Report Abstract Form
Past Teaching Component Awards
To see who has has previously received Teaching Component awards, see Awards and Recognition.
Sample Teaching Proposals
The following proposals are from previous UW Oshkosh projects and can be used as a model for teaching proposal development.
- Sample Teaching Proposal - Teaching Evidence-Based Research in Athletic Training (pdf)
- Sample Teaching Proposal - Queering Religion (pdf)