Faculty Development Program
Faculty Development Program, a program of the Office of Grants and Faculty Development.
Professional Development Opportunities for Faculty & Staff
The Faculty Development Fund offers opportunities for faculty, instructional academic staff and non-instructional academic staff. Since 2000, the Faculty Development Fund has awarded more than $6 million for teaching, research, small grants, sabbatical and other opportunities. These opportunities include:
- Sabbatical - Become a more effective teacher and researcher by applying for an academic year or semester-long sabbatical for intensive study in your field.
- Teaching Component - Apply for the Teaching Component to enhance your teaching effectiveness in a current or planned UW Oshkosh course.
- Research Component - Renew your intellectual vitality and further your professional growth focused on your discipline by applying for a Research Component award.
- Faculty College - Bring an off-campus expert to UW Oshkosh for faculty and staff professional development or engage UW Oshkosh faculty and staff in programs, courses or short-term work with the Faculty College program.
- Off-Campus Program - The Off-Campus program provides faculty with auxiliary support for tuition, registration fees, travel, housing or other reasonable expenses related to professional development off-campus.
- Academic Staff Professional Development - This component can help pay for registration fees, travel, housing or other reasonable expenses associated with attendance at conferences or workshops, a staff exchange or internship or other structured learning opportunities.
- Small Grants - Apply for up to $750 per fiscal year to complete or develop a teaching or research project or for preparation of an extramural grant. Funds can be requested on short notice for things like travel to collection sites or funding sources, student assistants, survey duplication, postage, database searches or supplies.