Apply for SOTL Pilot Project
Information about and submission form for SOTL Starter grants.
Current Award Cycle
- Applications for the current award cycle are due September 26, 2014.
- For those selected to participate in the program, you can collect data in Spring 2015.
- Showcase presentations of your work will be presented in Fall 2015.
Full SOTL projects intended to result in publication should be submitted under the Faculty Development Program's Research Component. (Though it should be noted that some Pilot Projects have led to publication.)
Please address the following questions in your application:
- Briefly describe any experience you have with the scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL). If you are new to SOTL, you are still welcome to apply.
- What is the research question or hypothesis you plan to address in your project? How did you select this area of focus for investigation? (Note that most SOTL pilot projects emanate from a student learning challenge that occurs within the investigator's class or program.)
- How do you plan to address this question? (This discussion of methodology may be quite brief and may need further development through discussion with the CETL director. Also note that this pilot project may be a part of a larger project.)
- How will you measure or assess student learning? (Student learning measurement is a required component of SOTL projects; we do not want to measure student perceptions of learning.) If you need help, feel free to schedule a consultation prior to the due date for submissions.