Do you need practical, research-based ideas to invigorate your teaching? Try one of the One-Session Wonders. These interactive, one-hour or less sessions take place in the Pollock Alumni House. Registration is required as enrollment is limited to allow personal attention.
Sessions marked with asterisks count toward the Assessment Best Practices Certification.
Register Now! (Be sure to Log in before choosing your sessions)
Fall 2013 One-Session Wonders
Monday, September 16, 9:10 - 10:10 a.m.
- Effective Online Discussions—
Thursday, September 26, 1:20 – 2:20 p.m.
- **Learning Expectations: How do I go about identifying criteria and standards to judge student work? -
Thursday, October 3, 1:20 – 2:20 p.m.
- **Course Connections: How can I create assessments that help students succeed?—
Monday, October 7, 9:10 – 10:10 a.m.
Thursday, October 10, 1:20 – 2:20 p.m.
- Digital Humanities: Examples of Practice—
Monday, October 14, 9:10–10:10 a.m.
- **Exploring Assessment: What options do I have for assessments in my courses?—
Thursday, October 17, 1:20 - 2:20 p.m.
- **Performance-Based Assessment: What is the potential of project-based learning, field-based experiences, and internships for understanding student learning? —
Thursday, October 31, 1:20—2:20 p.m.
- **Portfolios: How can we best document and report student learning at the course/program level? —
Monday, November 4, 9:10—10:10 a.m.
- Group Work in an Online Environment—
Thursday, November 7, 1:20—2:20 p.m.
- Using Someone Else's MOOC in Your Course: Madness or Learning Opportunity? —
Monday, November 11, 9:10—10:10 a.m.
- Open Textbooks: Finding, Evaluating, and Adapting Open Textbooks for Your Course—
Thursday, November 14, 1:20—2:20 p.m.
- **The Capstone: What is it? What can it tell us about student learning? —
Monday, November 18, 9:10—10:10 a.m.