Graduate Studies Travel Fund
The Graduate Studies Travel Fund (GSTF) promotes the scholarly work of graduate students by defraying all or part of the costs of travel for graduate students to present their research at professional meetings and conferences.
Academic Year 2014-15 Anticipated Funding: $4,800 total
Graduate Studies Travel Fund awards are contingent upon funding. Generally, $2,400 is available each spring and fall semester to be awarded among all approved applicants. Individual award amounts vary depending on request.
It is strongly recommended that all graduate students presenting at conferences include the UW Oshkosh Graduate Studies wordmark to their presentation materials (posters, flyers, powerpoints, etc.).
November 1, 2014, for travel between July 1 and December 31, 2014
March 15, 2015, for travel between January 1 and June 30, 2015
- Current graduate students admitted in full academic standing in UW Oshkosh graduate degree programs; enrolled in a minimum of 6 graduate credits applicable to their degree, certificate or GAP program at the time of the travel activitiy. Any "In Progress" (IP) credits may apply for one semester beyond the semester of initial registration.
- Travel activity must be to a professional meeting or conference 50 miles or farther from Oshkosh.
Applications and Information:
- GSTF Guidelines for AY 2014-15
- Applications are available in two formats; paper and online. All paper applications must be typed; hand-written applications will not be accepted. Students may use whichever format they prefer.
- 2014-15 Application (docx: fill-in then print)
Note: Applicants must obtain Departmental/Program signatures for paper applications prior to submitting them to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- 2014-15 Online Application
Note: Complete online applications will be sent to the student's Department/Program for signatures after all materials are received by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- GSTF Evaluation Form
Evaluation tool used by the Committee to determine award amounts.
All campus members conducting University business should direct travel questions to Michelle Highley at email@example.com.
Funding from University departments or external units will be deducted from the total estimated costs before the amount of the GSTF award is determined. All applicants should apply individually, even when more than one person is traveling to the same event. Presenters who are selected to receive awards will received up to 100 percent of the total unfunded costs, not to exceed $750. The GSTF Review Committee may recommend partial funding for projects. It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit all required materials by the deadlines listed above. Due to an increasing number of applications, the average award granted to students during the 2012–13 academic year was $200.
Any questions about the Graduate Studies Travel Fund Guidelines or applications can be directed to Marci Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Oshkosh Administrative Services
Travel reimbursements are administered through Financial Services, which is part of the UW Oshkosh Division of Administrative Services. If you have any questions about travel policies and requirements, please visit the Travel Website or contact Michelle Highley, UW Oshkosh Travel Manager, at email@example.com.
All graduate students considering airfare should contact Michelle Highley directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about UW System policies.