Financial Aid for Graduate Students
Committed to the philosophy that all students should receive whatever support is available to have access to quality graduate studies, UW Oshkosh offers affordable graduate programs, as well as information about numerous forms of financial aid. Through the Office of Graduate Studies, the Financial Aid Office and individual departments, students can receive financial assistance in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and graduate assistant employment.
The majority of federal financial assistance available to graduate students is offered as loans. The Financial Aid Office can help students secure this type of aid. In addition to federal and state loans, the Financial Aid office provides information about grants, scholarships and work-study.
Graduate students can find more details about financial information and assistance through these links:
- Options for Financing a Graduate Education
- How to Pay for Grad School (College Affordability Guide)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress - What is it and How does it Affect Graduate Students
- NASFAA "Financing Graduate Education" guide
- Cash Course - Find ways to support your graduate education
- Income-Based Repayment (IBR) program for federal loans
Note: Financial aid is not generally available for graduate students in certificate or achievement programs; also graduate special (non-degree) students can not receive financial aid.
Employment, SCholarships, and Grant Opportunities
As financial support opportunities become available, the Office of Graduate Studies will post information on one or more of the the links below. Also watch our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates about financial support opportunities.
- Employment Outlook in the Disciplines
- Graduate Assistantships
- Graduate Studies Travel Fund
- Grant Opportunities
- Scholarships, Fellowships, and Internships
- Student Assistant/Work Study in Graduate Studies Office - No openings at this time
- Tutor Coordinator - Center for Academic Resources (See position description for contact info)
Tuition and Fees
The Student Accounts Office posts and maintains the official tuition and fees chart for each semester. This tuition and fee information is subject to change at any time. Consult these charts regularly to help budget for your educational expenses. Additionally, the Student Accounts Office offers a partial payment plan option for paying tuition and fees. Consult the page on their web site for instructions about signing up for the plan.
Note: At this time the MBA, DNP, MSW, MPA on-line and other programs have non-standard tuition and fees. Please check with a program's staff to learn more about a program's costs.
Students may also contact their program’s department to see if additional graduate financial assistance is available.