Peer Mentors Support First-Year Students
Click on the video below to hear a Peer Mentor and a first-year student describe their fall 2013 Learning Community experiences.
How Peer Mentors Support First-Year Students:
- Initiate one-on-one conversations
- Organize study times for Learning Communities
- Plan social gatherings for Learning Communities
- Connect individual students to resources they need
- Attend events with the Learning Community
- Connect students with events and organizations on campus
- Provide a "been there, done that" perspective to support First-Year Students
2014-15 Transfer Students will have Peer Mentors Too!
Teach & Talk
Join the USP teaching community for casual small group conversation. Today's session will focus on teaching the Civic Learning Signature Question: How do people understand and engage in community life?
· Tuesday, Oct. 29, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. Civic Learning
· Wednesday, Oct. 30, 12:40 - 1:40 p.m. General Teaching & Learning Issues in the USP
For assistance, please use the following contact information: