A Sampling of CETL Programs Coming in the Fall
Watch your campus mailbox for the CETL Fall 2013 Menu which will provide a complete list of professional development opportunities.
The goal of this program is to prepare UW Oshkosh scholars to conduct SOTL inquiry via supportive relationships with colleagues who are published SOTL scholars. A program description, requirements and online application are available at uwosh.edu/cetl. Selected applicants will receive $500 stipends.
A program description and online application for 2014 SOTL Scholars Pilot Projects are available at uwosh.edu/cetl. Upon presentation at the SOTL Scholars Luncheon each fall, scholars will receive $1,000 stipends.
Deepen your understanding of assessment by completing the Assessment Best Practice Certification. Participants will attend three of the assessment One-Session Wonders (below) and identify changes to their teaching practice. In these sessions, instructors will explore a variety of ways to assess student learning in courses and academic programs. A $500 stipend will be provided to selected applicants.
- Learning Expectations: How do I go about identifying criteria and standards to judge student work?
- Course Connections: How can I create assessments that help students succeed?
- Exploring Assessment: What options do I have for assessments in my courses?
- Performance-Based Assessment: What is the potential of project-based learning, field-based experiences, and internships for understanding student learning?
- Portfolios: How can we best document and report student learning at the course/program level?
- The Capstone: What is it? What can it tell us about student learning?
Register for all CETL events at: uwosh.edu/cetl
- Inclusive Excellence
- Global Connections
- Undergraduate Student Research
- Essential Learning Outcomes
- Instructional Technology
- First-Year Experience
Questions or Comments?
Contact Eric Brunsell, CETL Coordinator, at email@example.com.