Need inspiration for your teaching?
A few seats are still available...
Lessons Learned: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Monday, April 30, 3 to 4:30 p.m., in the Pollock Alumni House
As they move forward into a new season of life, Susan McFadden (Psychology), Marsha Rossiter (COEHS), and Greg Olson (Communication) will share wisdom discovered on their journeys. After each of these exemplary teachers speaks, time for dialogue will be provided.
In What the Best College Teachers Do, Ken Bain describes educators who have "achieved remarkable success in helping their students learn in ways that make a sustained, substantial, and positive influence on how those students think, act, and feel" (2004, p.5). Join three such scholar-teachers for this inspirational and thought-provoking professional development session.
Register now for Lessons Learned: Looking Back, Looking Forward!
Tomorrow's Sustainability & Teaching Event
Integrating Sustainability Into Your Teaching A NEW ERA (Northeast Wisconsin Educational Resource Alliance) Faculty Conference
Friday, April 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the Reeve Ballroom
Other Upcoming Opportunities:
- Call for Poster Submissions Deadline: May 7, 2012, for International Institute for SOTL Scholars and Mentors (Conference at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles from May 31 to June 3, 2012.). Find out more.
- Great Lakes Conference on Teaching & Learning, Central Michigan University Campus, May 9-11, 2012. Find out more.
- Call for Proposals Deadline May 25, 2012, for 2nd Annual Midwest Culturally Inclusive Conference (Conference at UW-Platteville from September 7-8, 2012.) Find out more.
- Office of Professional and Instructional (OPID) Faculty College, UW-Richland, May 29 to June 1, 2012. Register online or visit the website for more information.
Register for all CETL events at: uwosh.edu/cetl
- Liberal Education Learning Outcomes
- Inclusive Excellence
- Global Connections
- Undergraduate Student Research
- Instructional Technology
- First Year Experience
Questions or Comments?
Please send them to Lori Carrell, CETL Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.