April Special Events—Register Now!
Senior SOTL Scholars' Showcase/COLS Innovations in Pedagogy
Wednesday, April 11, from 1:30 to 3 p.m.,
in Reeve 202
Five experienced teaching and learning scholars will report the results of their investigation of pedagogical and curricular changes implemented by gateway course instructors. Hear from the scholars and the gateway course instructors in this exciting revelation of results! Register now for the Senior SOTL Scholars' Showcase & COLS Innovations in Pedagogy!
Lessons Learned: Looking Back, Looking Forward
Monday, April 30 from 3 to 4:30 p.m., in the Pollock House
Members of the UW Oshkosh teaching community who will be moving on to a new season of life will share wisdom discovered in their journeys as educators. If you are retiring and would like to be included on this panel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Panelists' names will be announced soon.
Register now for Lessons Learned: Looking Back, Looking Forward!
Other Upcoming Opportunities:
- Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars Poster Session & Dinner, Madison Concourse Hotel, April 5, 2012, from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Find out more.
- Service-Learning, the Course and Beyond, and for Higher Purposes, April 13, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Gateway Technical College, Kenosha. Wisconsin Campus Compact statewide workshop with Dr. Robert Franco, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Kapiolani Community College. Register Online.
- Call for SOTL Proposals for The Society for the Teaching of Psychology in Atlanta, Georgia (in October). Proposals due April 20, 2012. Find out more
- Great Lakes Conference on Teaching & Learning, Central Michigan University Campus, May 9-11, 2012. Find out more.
- The Ecology of Teaching & Learning Conference for SOTL scholars and mentors, Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, May 31 to June 3, 2012. Find out more.
- The University of Georgia (UGA) invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). Contact the search chair, Dr. Janette Hill, at email@example.com.
'Flipped classroom' teaching model gains an online community from Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence News (February 10,2012).
Register for all CETL events at: uwosh.edu/cetl
- Liberal Education Learning Outcomes
- Inclusive Excellence
- Global Connections
- Undergraduate Student Research
- Instructional Technology
- First Year Experience
Questions or Comments?
Please send them to Lori Carrell, CETL Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.