Last Chance to Register for Spring Professional Development Opportunities
Workshop: Classroom Assessment Techniques for Early Alert
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 from 12:40 to 1:40 p.m. in the Pollock Alumni House
This interactive workshop will include descriptions and demonstrations of brief classroom assessment techniques. These easy-to-implement activities provide valuable information about student learning to assist instructors with the identification of at-risk students, provision of Early Alert feedback, and other pedagogical decisions. Workshop Presenter: Carleen Vande Zande, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Curricular Affairs & Student Academic Achievement.
Register now for the Classroom Assessment Techniques for Early Alert workshop.
One-Session Wonders Series: Online/Blended Classroom
Registration Deadline Tomorrow, February 17, 2012.
All sessions take place in the Pollock Alumni House
from 1:20 to 2:20 p.m.
Do you need practical, research-based ideas to invigorate your teaching? Try one of these one-hour or less One-Session Wonders in our Best Practice Teaching and Learning Series.
- Online Teaching Theories—Thursday, February 23, 2012
- Online Course Management: Models & Mistakes—Thursday, March 8, 2012.
- Course Content and Materials in D2L—Thursday, March 29, 2012
- Online Teaching & Learning: Bells & Whistles—Thursday, April 12, 2012
- Techniques for Motivating Students Online—Thursday, May 3, 2012
Register now for One-Session Wonders.
Other Upcoming Opportunities:
- Applications Due February 28, 2012, for ISSOTL Conference International Collaborative Writing Groups. Find out more.
- First Year Seminars, UW-Green Bay, March 1-2, 2012. Find out more.
- Call for Proposals Due March 15, 2012, for The 9th Annual ISSOTL Conference. Find out more.
- Teaching and Technology Showcase Conference, UW-Green Bay, March 16, 2012. Find out more.
- Great Lakes Conference on Teaching & Learning, Central Michigan University Campus, May 9-11, 2012. Find out more.
- The Ecology of Teaching & Learning Conference, Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, May 31 to June 3, 2012. Find out more.
- Mark Your Calendar: The 9th Annual International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL) Conference, Hamilton Convention Center & Hamilton Hotel, Ontario, Canada, October 24-27, 2012. Find out more.
Register for all CETL events at: uwosh.edu/cetl
- Liberal Education Learning Outcomes
- Inclusive Excellence
- Global Connections
- Undergraduate Student Research
- Instructional Technology
- First Year Experience
Questions or Comments?
Please send them to Lori Carrell, CETL Director, at email@example.com.