The Commencement Checklist
Planning to graduate this semester? Use this checklist to help guide you in preparing for your graduation ceremony.
1. Tell your guests.
Information especially for family and friends attending the ceremony is available at uwosh.edu/commencement. (Be sure to let them know which ceremony you will be in!)
2. Apply for awards.
Class speaker and other awards are available only to graduating students. The deadline for these awards is Fri., March 8.
3. Attend Countdown to Commencement
This open house is on
Wed., March 6th in Reeve Union 201, 12 noon-6 p.m.
4. "Like" us on Facebook ("I'm graduating from UW Oshkosh!")
We regularly answer students' questions, give helpful hints, post reminders and run contests on facebook.
5. Verify your information on the official commencement list.
- The original list will be available at Countdown to Commencement.
- The revised list will be posted online for one week only:
March 25-30. (We'll send you an email update to let you know where to
find this list).
6. Secure academic attire (cap and gown) for the ceremony.
The first opportunity to purchase attire is at Countdown to
Commencement on March 6th. After March 6th, attire will be available
through the bookstore.
7. Take the graduation survey.
The survey will be available at Countdown to Commencement and online
(We'll send you an email update to let you know where to find this
8. Reserve special seating passes
Special seating is available on the floor in folding chairs for guests who should not climb or sit in bleachers.
9. Arrive to Kolf Sports Center forty-five minutes prior to your ceremony.
Register in the lower level.
10. Relax and enjoy your ceremony.
The ceremony will last approximately two hours. Out of courtesy to
all of our graduates, we ask that you remain for the duration.
Connect with us!
facebook: "I'm graduating from UW Oshkosh"
Twitter: @uwocommencement, #uwograd