A Voice for All Women
The Gender Equity Council seeks to impact our campus culture in a positive and dynamic way. Issues of climate and safety at UW Oshkosh are merely a reflection of our community and society. It is our hope to break the silence and facilitate open dialogue and create a safer and welcoming learning and teaching environment for the women at UW Oshkosh.
What is the Gender Equity Council (GEC)?
The GEC is a group of campus leaders, whom the Chancellor has charged with being a voice of all women on campus. We:
- Advocate to ensure that UW Oshkosh provides a welcoming learning/work environment for women, especially women of color and the members of the LBGTQ community;
- Advocate for fair hiring and promotion activities as well as encouraging the creation and retention of a diverse campus community;
- Hold listening sessions designed to provide an open forum for those on campus to freely voice their concerns;
- Advocate for campus policies relating to issues of gender, campus climate and work/life balance.
Why should I contact the Gender Equity Council?
- Express concerns about your learning/work environment
- Policy needs or ideas to improve work/ life balance
- To get involved with Gender Equity Council!