Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission, vision and values were developed by the Foundation Board of Directors to serve as a strong base on which to build our programs, projects and initiatives.
The mission of the UW Oshkosh Foundation is to be a proactive leader in helping shape and refine the vision of excellence of the University through:
- raising the awareness of the need for private support for educational priorities;
- building relationships to connect community resources with University needs;
- meeting donor interests;
- expanded resource development programs; and
- prudent fiscal responsibility and asset management in support of the University community with special emphasis on the faculty/student relationship.
The vision is to be known and respected for:
- helping the University be an institution that is recognized as exemplary in serving and advancing regional priorities;
- building the Foundation's endowment over the next ten years to a level that exceeds that of universities our size and character;
- engaging in capital campaigns to address current and future facilities needs that are not publicly funded;
- being a dynamic and diversified board on which it is a privilege to serve and rewarding to its members; and
- building the image of the University so that the Foundation becomes the beneficiary of choice as alumni, faculty, staff, corporations and other foundations plan their philanthropy.
All of our activities and decisions will be based upon and guided by these values.
- a passion for the importance of higher education and the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh;
- being good stewards of the assets entrusted to us;
- the dedication of volunteer time and resources;
- respect for diversity of expression and thought;
- being a good corporate citizen;
- the growth and development of individuals, relationships and the communities we serve;
- being creative and flexible in living out our mission; and
- the desires and values of all donors.