Japanese Taiko Hour
= Next Taiko Hour =
- Date: Friday, April 11th, 2014
- Time: 3:30-5:00
- Place: Albee Hall 201
- This will be a Japan Week special session. On top of taiko demonstrations, we are going to have a hands-on workshop!
Watch the practice videos.
Who are invited?
All current and past students in all levels of Japanese language courses are welcome. Let's play the Japanese Taiko drum with other students and teachers from different classes and different levels.
Are there any rules?
You must speak in Japanese. You can come and go anytime during the hour but as long as you are there, you must speak only Japanese.
Learn what happened in the previous Japanese Taiko Hours:
Click a semester under "Taiko Hour" in the left menu.
- The Japanese Taiko Hour is financially supported by:
- the Japan Foundation,
- the Japan-United States Friendship Commission and the Northeast Asia Council of the Association for Asian Studies,
- Wisconsin Association of Foreign Language Teachers, and
- the Faculty Development Program at the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh.
- Special thanks to:
- Milwaukee Taiko Group, Hibiki (響), who has taught taiko-drumming techniques to our Japanese instructors.
- Mr. Steve Bathke, an artist in Omro, WI, who created taiko stands and drumsticks for us.
Attention Teachers and Community Leaders!
Are you looking for an opportunity for your students or group members to experience Japanese Taiko-drumming? Please contact the Japanese program using the contact form in the left menu.