Richard M. DCamp, Ph.D.
German Office: Clow Faculty 233
German Office Phone (920) 424-1127
Fax: (920) 424-7289
Language Lab Office: Clow Classroom 250A
Lab Office Phone (920) 424-0911
Lab Phone: (920) 424-4017
Fax: (920) 424-7289
- Ph.D., University of Iowa; Germanic Languages & Culture, 18th & 19th Century German Literature, Opera and Lieder, 1995.
- M.A., University of Iowa; Germanic Languages, Culture, and 19th Century German Drama, 1991.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Music, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Graphic Art, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Foreign Language, 1982.
- B.A., St. Ambrose University; Elementary & Secondary Education, 1981.
- Germanic languages (Old High German, Old English, Gothic, Middle High German, and Scandinavian Languages)
- Literature and drama
- Carl Orff
- German music
- German art
Teaching and Research Interests
- 18th & 19th Century German literature
- German music & art.
- 18th & 19th Century German & Austrian literature and drama
- Music & art history, Opera, and Lied
- 18th & 19th Century Imperial Austria
Bella gerant aliī, tū fēlix Austria nūbe
Nam quae Mars aliīs, dat tibi regna Venus
- Latin Language
- Introduction to German I & II (German 110 & 111)
- Intermediate Structures and Expression in German I & II (German 203 & 204)
- Intermediate Conversation I & II (German 207 & 208)
- Advanced Composition & Conversation II (German 304)
- Introduction to German Literature (German 308)
- History of the German Language (German 314)
- German Literature of the Late 18th and 19th-Century (German 318)
- German Literature from the Twentieth Century to the Present (German 321)
- Special Topics: Art & Music in the German Speaking World (German 360)
- Introduction to Educational Technology (Ed 205)
- Foreign Language Teaching Methods (Ed 302)
- Teaching Foreign Languages in the Elementary School (Ed 330)
- Secondary Methods of Teaching a Foreign Language (Ed 347)
- Introduction to Foreign Language Educational Technology (FL 535)
- Performing and listening to music, opera, theater, gardening, painting, calligraphy and travel.