Financial Literacy

My Money $$



Contact Us

You are here: Home > Transfer Students

Transfer Students

As a transfer student at UW Oshkosh, you may or may not receive the same type or amount of aid that you were awarded at your previous institution. Financial aid does not simply transfer from one school to another. To apply for aid through the Financial Aid Office at UW Oshkosh, transfer students should complete the following steps. 


Applying for Financial Aid 

  1. Apply for admission to UW Oshkosh

  2. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

    • If you did not apply for financial aid at your previous institution, as soon after January 1 as possible, complete the FAFSA. Be sure to list UW Oshkosh on your FAFSA.

    • If you have previously completed a FAFSA, you will need to make sure that UW Oshkosh is included on it. UW Oshkosh's school code is 003920.

  3. Receive and Review Student Aid Report

  4. Complete Verification Information

    Don't forget to:

    • Notify your previous school that you are transferring to UW Oshkosh.

    • Respond in a timely manner to requests for information from UW Oshkosh's Financial Aid Office.