You are here: Home > Main Navigation > Types of Aid > Native Americans

Native Americans

Grant Programs

Grants are money from federal, state, tribal or private sources that do not need to be repaid, provided that the enrollment period is completed. Grants are awarded based on financial information from filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to be considered. 

Program Eligibility Application

Indian Student Assistance Grant

  • Undergraduate and graduate students

  • Wisconsin resident

  • At least 25% Native American

  • Awarded maximum for 10 semesters

  • Student does not need to be Pell Grant eligible


File Indian Student Assistance Application

Federal BIA Indian Grant

  • American Indian heritage

  • Tribes determine eligibility. Please contact your tribal education department.

File FAFSA; required tribal application and documentation.

American Indian Graduate Center Fellowships

  • Graduate students

  • An enrolled member of federally recognized tribe

American Indian Graduate Center

4520 Montgomery Blvd

NE Suite 1B

Albuquerque, NM 87109


Local Tribal Links

Other tribes may offer educational grant programs. Contact your local tribal office for more details. Most tribes require documentation of tribal enrollment, annual tribal higher education application, academic or education plan signed by university academic adviser and grades after each semester. Please communicate directly with your tribal higher education department.

For further questions, contact our office.