The best student films in the midwest.The best student films in the midwest.
Check out a list of short films that we produced!Start Now
Announcement (2011) is our comedy short film and it won several awards.Start Now
We have a trailer for our 2013 fall short "Retrograde Motion." Click below to view itStart Now
Our public service announcement was done for the Oshkosh Area Humane Society. Check it out below.Start Now
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS UW OSHKOSH FILM SOCIETY?
- UW Oshkosh Film Society is a student organization that critically learns and puts into practice the artistic and technical aspects of filmmaking. Through its weekly Thursday night meetings, students can learn the ways of making their own film with the help of their peers.
- The goal of UW Oshkosh Film Society is to educate students on the independent filmmaking experience and to work as an organization to create student-produced short films. Film Society also, encourages the development of a cinematic sensibility; activities such as "Film Society Favorites" and "The Biggest Stick" help us to accomplish this.
- UW Oshkosh Film Society projects have won national awards and have helped members gain entry into top graduate film programs, including the American Film Institute and New York University.
HOW DO I OBTAIN MEMBERSHIP TO UW OSHKOSH FILM SOCIETY?
- Film Society Membership is open to all UW Oshkosh students. You do not have to be a Radio-TV-Film major to join and new members are always welcome.
Members of Film Society are required to pay $5 of dues per semester, but do not be alarmed. If this is your first semester in Film Society you do not have to pay. Dues are required to help cover the costs of film projects and the organizations other functions.
- For those returning to UW Oshkosh Film Society, you will not be allowed to participate on any projects until your dues are paid.
Where are the meetings held?
- Thursday night meetings are traditionally held at 6PM in North Halsey 260.
Our top movie is Announcement, it went on to win a Madison WAVE Award and Green Bay Film Festival Award.
ANNOUNCEMENT (2011)Starring alums Callie Mills and Patrick McCann
Anna and Evan travel home to announce their engagement to Anna's family. However, the wacky antics of the Kemp family provide for an interesting dinner experience.
Our new films for the spring are "A Most Whimsical Day" and "Embargo Day."
We have lots of favorites. We can't pick just one.