2013 Dragonboat Team Registration
Registration is now open for the Sept. 20, 2014 Oshkosh Dragonboat Race & Festival.
Register your team today using our online form.
Need help registering? Contact us at email@example.com or by calling (920) 424-0344.
The entry fee includes one practice session, a minimum of three heats on race-day and a 10' x 10' tent in the athlete's village. A non-refundable deposit of $100 reserves your place and guarantees your registration rate. The remaining balance is due July 1. We race rain or shine.
- Early registration (on or before June 1): $750 per team
- Late registration (after June 1): $900 per team
- Youth and College Teams: $525
Checks may be made payable to the Oshkosh Dragonboat Race & Festival and mailed to:
Oshkosh Dragonboat Race & Festival
c/o Oshkosh Community YMCA
3303 W 20th Ave
Oshkosh, WI 54904
Pledges and Sponsorships
Many of our teams use the the individual pledge form provided by the Dragonboat Festival. When using this form, each team member (21 people including the drummer) asks his or her family, friends, co-workers, etc. to make a pledge.
For example, if your team is registered for the 2013 at the $750 early-bird rate), each team member would need to collect about $36 in pledges. Your team has until July 1 to collect their pledges and submit the total entry fee. Contact us for pledge forms.
Many of our teams have corporate sponsors. These sponsors typically fund part or all of the team registration fee. Team captains are responsible for identifying, contacting and securing their team's sponsor.
Please let us know if there are any marketing materials we can provide to help you secure a sponsor. Here are some ways that your team can recognize your team's sponsor:
- Create team tee shirts or caps with your sponsor's logo to wear on race day.
- Name your team after your sponsor (teams are announced on the festival grounds before and during the races and also have a named space on the festival grounds.)
- Create a team cheer with your sponsor's name in it.
- Recognize your sponsor on your team's web or social media page.
- Share photos on your teammate's social media pages and recognize your sponsor.
There are many ways for sponsors to have their brand recognized at the race and festival. All event sponsors of $2,500 or more include one team registration. Learn more on our sponsor page.
Youth & College Student Teams
The Oshkosh Dragonboat Race and Festival invites scouting groups, athletic teams, church groups, 4-H clubs and other youth groups to participate in the 2013 races.
- Youth paddlers must be 12-17 years old.
- Youth teams must be comprised of at least 11 youth paddlers and can include up to 10 adults.
- Male-to-female ratio does not apply to youth teams.
- Youth team fee is $525 ($25 per team member)
College Student Teams
Through the generosity of our sponsors, we are able to offer a discounted rate of only $525 ($25 per team member) to the first 10 college student teams who register.
College teams must be comprised of at least 11 college students.
College teams are co-ed and are comprised of 20 paddlers (must be at least 8 females per team) plus a drummer.
Up to 10 members of the team may be University faculty/staff/advisers.
College fee is $525 ($25 per team member)