University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Contact me for a complete CV
- Associate Professor of Philosophy, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, July 2009 (ongoing)
- Assistant Professor of Philosophy, University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, September 2003 - June 2009
- Lecturer, California State University Long Beach, Fall 2001-May 2003
- Instructor, UCLA, Summer Sessions 1999-2001
- Teaching Assistant, UCLA, September 1994-May 2001
- Research Assistant, Getty Research Institute (Visiting Scholars Program), 1998-99; 1999-2000.
- Ph.D., Philosophy, UCLA, September 2003
- C. Phil., Philosophy, UCLA, June 1999
- M.A., Philosophy, UCLA, June 1996
- B.A., Philosophy, Reed College, June 1976
- Philosophy of Mind, Psychology & Emotion
- Ethical Theory / Metaethics
- Philosophy of Language
- 20th Century Philosophy
- Formal Logic / Critical Reasoning
- Existentialism (Sartre)
- “To Blend or To Compose: A Debate About Emotion Structure” (in Wilson, P. A. (ed.), Dynamicity in Emotion Concepts. Lodz: Studies in Language, Volume 27. Frankfurt a. Main: Peter Lang, 73-94, 2012)
- “Direction, Causation, and Appraisal Theories of Emotion” (Philosophical Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 2, April 2009, 167-186)
- “Constitutivism, Belief, and Emotion” (Dialectica, Vol. 62 Fasc. 4, December 2008)
- “Genetic Enhancement and Parental Obligation”(Philosophy in the Contemporary World, 14:2, Fall 2007)
- “On Knowing How I Feel About That: A Causal-Reliabilist Analysis”, symposium presentation at the Winter 2013 meeting of the American Philosophical Association, Central Division.
- “Are Emotional Feelings Perceptual?”, Workshop on Emotions in Culture, Language, and Cognition, Summer 2013 meeting of the International Congress of Linguists, Geneva, Switzerland
- “To Blend Or To Compose: A Debate About Emotion Structure”, colloquium presentation at the 2012 midwinter meeting of the American Psychological Association, Division 24 (Society for Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology).
- Commentator on Peter Nichols’ “Defusing The ‘Initial Credibility’ Objection To Wide Reflective Equilibrium”, Wisconsin Philosophical Association, 2012 Meeting, UW Oshkosh
- “A Puzzle About Emotion, Perception and Rationality”, colloquium presentation at the 2007 APA Pacific Division convention, April 7, 2007, San Francisco, CA
- “A Parental Obligation to Genetically Enhance Intended Children in Same Number Cases”, presentation at the 2007 Wisconsin Philosophical Association annual meeting, March 31 2007, St. Norbert's College, De Pere, WI
- “Constitutivism and Knowing One's Emotional State”, colloquium presentation at the 2005 APA Pacific Division convention, March 2005, San Francisco, CA