Welcome to my sports research page.
Here is a list of the articles I have published:
Here is a list of the articles I have written and submitted for publication
- "Baseball's Earned Run Average: What Kind of an Average Is It?" published in Spring 1994 in Chance
- "Double-Elimination Tournaments: Counting and Calculating" published in February 1996 in The American Statistician
- "'Fair' Batting Averages with Other Applications" published in Spring 1996 in Mathematics and Computer Education
- "A Nonparametric Procedure for Knockout Tournaments" to appear in Journal of Applied Statistics
Here is a list of the projects I am pondering over, but have not yet written up into articles!
- "Ordered Single-Elimination Tournaments" submitted to Operations Research. Revised and resubmitted.
- "A Geometric Interpretation of Baseball's Earned Run Average" submitted to Mathematics Teacher
- "Pascal's Triangle in Ordered Single-Elimination Tournaments" submitted to Mathematics Teacher
- "Was My Opponent (Too) Lucky?" submitted to The College Mathematics Journal
- How to view cumulative averages.
- How to incorporate the home field advantage into predicting football scores
- How to fairly rank rushing and passing statistics
- How to predict the next player to reach a plateau, such as the next 3000 hit man in baseball
Return to Chris' Homepage
Return to UW Oshkosh Homepage
Managed by: Chris Edwards
Last updated: August 27, 1997